Hoopla enables you to borrow e-books, audio books, and comics (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television shows, and music albums. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account.
- Each patron can borrow 5 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the hoopla help page or video tutorials to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
OverDrive and the Libby app offer free downloadable e-books, audiobooks, e-magazines, and streaming movies. Log into OverDrive with your library card to access the full collection. You can check out up to 10 items at a time (e-magazine checkouts don’t count toward your limit).
- OverDrive has implemented Hold Redelivery, which affects how you receive your e-book/e-audiobook holds. Please read more about this feature on OverDrive’s Hold Redelivery page.
- Check out our OverDrive/Libby instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about using OverDrive on your computer or mobile device, and for Libby device compatibility.
The SimplyE app has been discontinued, and access to the eGO e-book and audiobook collection has been temporarily suspended pending the release of a new app. Look for access to this collection later in Fall 2021 when the Palace app is released.
Free E-Book Resources
Contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials.
Other Downloadable Media
Bloomfield Public Library offers a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).