BookFlix is a FREE interactive literacy resource that builds a love of reading and learning! Children and adults can access thousands of classic books paired with a related non-fiction e-book. The engaging way to link fact and fiction, BookFlix reinforces early reading skills and introduces children to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Comics Plus offers FREE unlimited access to thousands of digital comics, graphic novels, and manga. Access Comics Plus with your Bloomfield library card using the Library Pass app on a mobile device or an internet browser on a computer.
Hoopla enables you to borrow e-books, audio books, and comics (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television shows, and music albums. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account.
- Each patron can borrow 5 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the hoopla help page or video tutorials to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
OverDrive and the Libby app offer free downloadable e-books, audiobooks, e-magazines, and streaming movies. Log into OverDrive with your library card to access the full collection. You can check out up to 10 items at a time (e-magazine checkouts don’t count toward your limit).
- OverDrive has implemented Hold Redelivery, which affects how you receive your e-book/e-audiobook holds. Please read more about this feature on OverDrive’s Hold Redelivery page.
- Check out our OverDrive/Libby instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about using OverDrive on your computer or mobile device, and for Libby device compatibility.
Free E-Book Resources
Contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials.
Other Downloadable Media
Bloomfield Public Library offers a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).