Hoopla enables you to borrow e-books, audio books, and comics (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television shows, and music albums. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account.
- Each patron can borrow 5 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the hoopla help page or video tutorials to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
OverDrive and the Libby app offer free downloadable e-books, audiobooks, e-magazines, and streaming movies. Log into OverDrive with your library card to access the full collection. You can check out up to 10 items at a time (e-magazine checkouts don’t count toward your limit).
- OverDrive has implemented Hold Redelivery, which affects how you receive your e-book/e-audiobook holds. Please read more about this feature on OverDrive’s Hold Redelivery page.
- Check out our OverDrive/Libby instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about using OverDrive on your computer or mobile device, and for Libby device compatibility.
Download the SimplyE app on your mobile device, and login using your Bloomfield library card to access a variety of e-book and e-audio titles (including the collection previously available through the RBdigital app). Some titles are unique to eGO, and others are also available directly through OverDrive/Libby. Developed by the New York Public Library, SimplyE is an open source app that is currently available for Android and iOS devices.
- Visit the SimplyE Help page for more assistance.
- eGO is a project from the Connecticut State Library that provides access to e-books and e-audio through the SimplyE app.
Free E-Book Resources
Contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials.
Other Downloadable Media
Bloomfield Public Library offers a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).