Bloomfield Public Library is dedicated to providing our patrons with a wide-range of technologies and digital materials and services. We want to provide you with as open and smooth a computing experience as possible, while also attending to the need for security and privacy. If you need to print, scan, read an e-book, find an article, learn a skill, or simply surf the web, we have everything you need.
Public Computers and Printing – “A Computer When You Really Need One”
Our computers feature the following:
- PC Computers are available for use during library hours (shut down 15 minutes before closing).
- Self-service printing.
- Microsoft Office 2016, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access.
- Downloading documents/photos/videos is permissible, as is using flash drives.
Wireless, Scanning, Faxing, Copying, and Shredding – An Office Away from the Office
Whether you’re a student, a telecommuter, an entrepreneur, or just someone who needs a quiet place to work on your laptop, catch-up on paperwork, and scan/ fax/copy important documents, Bloomfield Public Library offers the following helpful services:
- Wireless internet access is provided by the Town of Bloomfield (connect to TOB-WiFi network)
- Scanners are available at both libraries. Scan a PDF or JPG with the push of a button.
- Fax machines are available at both libraries.
- Copy machines are available at both libraries.
- Shred bins for confidential documents at both libraries. Service provided by Infoshred, a local business offering secure document destruction.
Computer Classes & Mobile Devices – “Computer Literacy: At Home or On-the-Go”
Bloomfield Public Library recognizes that computer literacy is essential for navigating today’s world, especially when today’s smart phones and tablets put an enormous amount of computing power and information in the palms or our hands. Our computer literacy and mobile device services include the following:
- Visit our Event Calendar for upcoming technology programs and instruction.
- Borrow a mobile hotspot or ChromeKit.
- Free library e-books, audiobooks, e-magazines, movies and music that can be accessed with your card from the Download It page.
- Online Resources to assist with school work, research and education, consumer information, and job assistance are available with your card.