Access the full digital archive of the Hartford Courant from 1764 to the present. In-library access is available for all patrons. Offsite access is available with a Bloomfield Public Library card. (Partial access to the Hartford Courant database is offered through researchIT CT using any CT public library card.)
Legal FormsGale LegalForms explains common legal procedures and provides access to thousands of customizable legal documents as well as an Attorney Directory. Using the downloadable form templates, individuals can create accurate, reliable legal documents specific to Connecticut.
The New York Times Online
Access accurate, up-to-date, trustworthy news from The New York Times online for FREE! To access content on NYTimes.com remotely (from home), you must first redeem a 72-hour access code. First-time users will need to create a NYTimes.com user account when prompted.
If you are in a library building, or have already activated a code within the last three days, go directly to NYTimes.com to login and access content for FREE.
Download The New York Times app for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store today!
researchIT CT: Connecticut’s Research EngineUse researchIT CT to access free academic articles for all age groups, newspapers, popular magazines, and e-book/e-audio titles. Additionally, access quality resources for genealogy, law, health, small business, and job seekers… and much more! ResearchIT CT is a service of the CT State Library and Bloomfield Public Library.
Reference SolutionsReference Solutions (formerly Reference USA) provides FREE access to U.S. listings for residential telephone numbers, addresses, and household information. Additional profile listings include U.S. businesses, physicians and dentists, job/internship postings, and more!
Additional research and reference resources:
- 2-1-1 Community Resources & Help
- American Archive of Public Broadcasting
- Connecticut State Library
- Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
- Drive Only License for Undocumented Individuals (DMV)
- Legal Resources (CT Judicial Branch)
- New York Public Library Digital Collections
- CT Real ID (verified driver’s license/state-issued ID for domestic airplane travel)
- U.S. Passport Services
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)