We are all eagerly looking forward to the completion of our library projects in Bloomfield. Until that time, we hope that you will come to visit us at our new temporary location at 1300 Hall Blvd. in Bloomfield (the Cigna campus). We have a variety of resources and services available for residents of all ages at The Atrium!
The easiest way to find us on the Cigna campus is to enter the property directly across from the Bright Horizons Daycare Center. After you enter:
- At the first stop sign, take a right.
- Then take your first left – this will bring you to the visitor parking lot. You can then just enter through the main door of the old MetLife building, and we have library staff there to greet you and help you find our library space!
Special Interest Sites for Parents, Caregivers and Teachers
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers (NASP)
- Coping with Violence (NAYEC)
- Birth to Three
- Home school information
- Common core Standards
- 2-1-1 Childcare
Find Licensed Daycare facilities in CT. Search by town, age, and program type.
- Center for Early Literacy learning
- Alliance for Bloomfield’s Children
- Adoption and Foster Care- Adopt Us Kids
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Intellectual Freedom and Censorship Policy
- Common Sense Media
“Common Sense Media helps families make smart media choices and offers the largest, most trusted library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for movies, games, apps, TV shows, websites, books, and music. Our Parent Concerns and Parent Blog help families understand and navigate the problems and possibilities of raising children in the digital age”
- Educational Resources
- Teacher Card Application & Policy: Teacher cards are available for area teachers (and homeschool teachers) with more flexible checkout duration. This card allows teachers to check out Bloomfield Public Library materials only. Holds for other libraries cannot be placed with this card. If material from another library is requested, personal cards can be used. DVDs and Videos (that only circulate for one week) can be charged out on your personal library card.