*FREE in-library access only*
- Slavery & Abolitionist Movement (1790-1860)
- Civil War & Reconstruction Era (1861-1877)
- Jim Crow Era, 1878 to Great Depression (1878-1932)
- New Deal & World War II (1933-1945)
- Civil Rights & Black Power Movements (1946-1975)
- Contemporary Era (1976-2000)
For more information on state and federal issued identification/licenses, visit:
Access Hartford Courant issues from 1764 to the present day for FREE! The Hartford Courant subscription is split into three different time periods. Note: the years of 1923-1991 are available onsite at Bloomfield Public Library to all patrons, or offsite to Bloomfield library card holders only.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films for FREE, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema. See the library’s “Movies” page for more details on how Kanopy works.
Kanopy also includes FREE access to Kanopy Kids, which highlights films and TV series that inspire and inform, helping children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos.
Use researchIT CT to access free academic articles for all age groups, newspapers, popular magazines, and e-book/e-audio titles. Additionally, access quality resources for genealogy, law, health, small business, and job seekers…and much more! ResearchIT CT is a service of the CT State Library and Bloomfield Public Library.
Additional educational resources:
- Free Online Classes
- GCF Learn Free (Microsoft Office, mobile devices, computer basics, and more!)
- Digital Learn (computer basics, job searching, social networking)
- TechBoomers (Internet tutorials and technology basics)
- CT Higher Education for Seniors
(Tuition-free degree programs for seniors age 62+)
Call 860-566-8118 for more information
- CT “Drive Only” License for Undocumented Individuals
- Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles
- ConneCT Kids
- Frances Perkins Program at Mt. Holyoke College
(full tuition scholarship opportunity for women age 25+)
- National Center for Education Statistics
- Open Culture (free cultural & educational media online)
- U.S. Citizenship Test Study Materials
- Veterans Benefits – Education & Training (U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs)