Finance & Tax Info During COVID-19
- Federal Tax Day for individuals extended to May 17, 2021 (IRS)
- State of CT Tax Day for individual income tax returns and payments extended to May 17, 2021 for the following forms only: CT-1040; CT-1040NR/PY; and CT-1040EXT.
- For stimulus check information, visit the IRS Get My Payment site.
- If you did not receive a 1st or 2nd stimulus check, visit the IRS 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit page for claim instructions.
- Avoid Coronavirus Scams (from the FTC)
Additional Financial Resources
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy (by the American Institute of CPAs)
- Big Charts (by Market Watch)
- CNN Money
- Consumer.gov (money management resources by the FTC)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (financial Q&A)
- Fiscal Tiger (make the most of your financial resources)
- Kiplinger Budget Tools
- Market Watch (by Dow Jones & Co.)
- Morningstar (investment information)
- MyMoney.gov (Financial Literacy & Education Commission)
- Small Business Administration
- Yahoo Finance
- Free Income Tax Assistance (2-1-1)
- Free Tax Help (2-1-1)
- Federal Tax Forms (IRS)
- State of CT Tax Forms (CT Dept. of Revenue)
- Call CT DRS at 860-297-5962 (or 860-297-4911 for TTY/TDD) to request CT tax forms, booklets, and instructions to be mailed directly to a home address.
- CT Dept. of Revenue (DRS) website has the answer to many state tax questions. Taxpayers are encouraged to call or email DRS with questions specific to their situation.
- File Your CT State Return Online. The quickest way to file a state income tax return – and the quickest way to receive a tax refund– is online, beginning in late January.
- CT DRS Drop Box: Bring hard copies of their state tax payments and documents to street level building entrance at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT, during normal business hours.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Information (2-1-1)
- EITC Assistance (CT Dept. of Revenue)
- Free Tax Return Programs (VITA, Tax Aide, etc.)
- IRS Free File (file Federal Taxes online for free)
- Tax Time Allies (tax filing resources)