The Bloomfield Public Library Teen Area is where Teens will find a wide collection of fiction and nonfiction books chosen for their appeal, as well as two dedicated teen computers. Through a variety of programs offered during the year, our teen librarian highlights the collection while strengthening habits of reading and library use, supporting independent learning, and developing imagination.
Teen Health & WellnessTeen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with FREE up-to-date, nonjudgmental, self-help support – it’s safe, private, and available 24/7. For offsite access, click the green “Instant Login” button and choose “Log in with your library card.”
Special Teen Activities
- Teen Advisory Group: Open to students in grades 7 – 12, residing in and/or going to school in Bloomfield. Get your voice heard, we want your ideas about the new libraries, which programs to offer, the teen book collection, and more! TAG is a dinner club (yes, you get free food!) and your involvement will help transform the future of Teen Services in Bloomfield. Why else is TAG great? You will earn volunteer hours, get leadership opportunities, you can add it to your resume, and we’ll also add in some free books! Interested? Sign up Here!
- Teen crafts, movies and video games are planned throughout the year.
- Teen Tech Week in March features programs that utilize computers or relate to science fiction.
- National Library Week in April includes programs like interactive game shows.
- Summer Reading programs are based on the summer reading theme.
- Teen Read Week in October involves programs that bring fun and relevancy to reading for teens
Visit Teen News & Events for upcoming teen programs!
- Teen Links & Resources: find information on Preparing for College, Homework help, Health & Wellness, Employment, and Books & Reading!
- Community service: Students may download the volunteer application and bring it to the library. These hours are not guaranteed, but we will do our best to accommodate.
For questions about the Teen Department, or to get involved in teen activities, contact the Children’s Department at 860-243-9721.