The Bloomfield Public Library Teen Area is where Teens will find a wide collection of fiction and nonfiction books chosen for their appeal, as well as two dedicated teen computers. Through a variety of programs offered during the year, our teen librarian highlights the collection while strengthening habits of reading and library use, supporting independent learning, and developing imagination.
Special Teen Activities
- Teen Advisory Group meets to discuss diversity in literature, graphic novels/mangas, new titles, and books-to-movies. Members make book recommendations to each other and for library purchase, as well as give programming input. We are always looking for new members!
- Teen crafts, movies and video games are planned throughout the year.
- Teen Tech Week in March features programs that utilize computers or relate to science fiction.
- National Library Week in April includes programs like interactive game shows.
- Summer Reading programs are based on the summer reading theme.
- Teen Read Week in October involves programs that bring fun and relevancy to reading for teens
Visit Teen News & Events for upcoming teen programs!
- Teen Links & Resources: find information on Preparing for College, Homework help, Health & Wellness, Employment, and Books & Reading!
- Community service: Students may download the volunteer application and bring it to the library. These hours are not guaranteed, but we will do our best to accommodate.
For questions about the Teen Department, or to get involved in teen activities, contact the Children’s Department at 860-243-9721.