Hoopla enables you to borrow movies and television shows (to download or stream) straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to music albums, audiobooks, e-books, and comics. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account. The Hoopla app is available for download in most app stores.
- Each patron can borrow 4 items per month.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- You can renew an item when it has two or fewer days left in its borrowing period (renewals do not count towards your 4 monthly credits).
- Visit the hoopla help page to learn more about downloading or streaming movies and television.
Kanopy & Kanopy Kids
Kanopy’s model is “thoughtful entertainment” and offers access to a large, curated catalog of educational, entertaining, and enriching films. Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema.
Stream Kanopy films from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Kanopy account.
Kanopy also includes access to Kanopy Kids, which highlights films and TV series that inspire and inform, helping children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos. Kanopy Kids has unlimited access (does not count towards play credits). Choose “Go to Kanopy Kids” from the top menu in your Kanopy account.
- Each patron has 5 film play credits per month on Kanopy (when you press “play” you have unlimited access to the film for 72 hours).
- All Kanopy titles are available for viewing immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the Kanopy help page to learn more about streaming films on your television or mobile device.
OverDrive offers free streaming videos for patrons to borrow and watch, in addition to e-books, e-audiobooks, and e-magazines. You will need your Bloomfield library card to log into OverDrive.
- Streaming video works on most mobile devices and computers as long as you’re using a browser with HTML5 support (such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer).
- You may not be able to play all streaming videos on a Kindle Fire or Fire HD.
- Check out our OverDrive/Libby instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about streaming movies from OverDrive.
Contact the library at 860-243-9721 to schedule an appointment for assistance downloading library materials.
Other Downloadable Media
The Bloomfield Libraries offer a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).