The world’s largest independent product testing organization. It provides expert buying advice, recommendations, and ratings on thousands of consumer products each year.
Access the full digital archive of the Hartford Courant from 1764 to the present. In-library access is available for all patrons. Offsite access is available with a Bloomfield Public Library card. (Partial access to the Hartford Courant database is offered through researchIT CT using any CT public library card.)
Hoopla enables you to get unlimited access to its e-magazine collection with a 7-day BingePass. Access hoopla straight from your browser, tablet, or smartphone for FREE. Hoopla also includes access to movies, television, music albums, audiobooks, e-books, comics, The Great Courses, and more! You will need your Bloomfield library card and an email address to create a Hoopla account. The Hoopla app is available for download in most app stores.
- Each patron can borrow 5 items per month. The 7-day BingePass allows unlimited access to e-magazines, The Great Courses, and more.
- All hoopla titles are available for checkout immediately – no waiting in line!
- Visit the hoopla help page to learn more.
The New York Times Online
Access accurate, up-to-date, trustworthy news from The New York Times online! To access content on NYTimes.com remotely (from home), you must first redeem a 72-hour access code. First-time users will need to create a NYTimes.com user account when prompted.
If you are in a library building, or have already activated a code within the last three days, go directly to NYTimes.com to login and access content.
Download The New York Times app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store today!
OverDrive offers access to FREE digital magazine titles, in addition to e-books, e-audiobooks, and streaming movies. E-magazine checkouts are unlimited simultaneous use, and do not count toward the 10-item borrow limit. You will need your Bloomfield library card to login to OverDrive.
- Read the e-magazine in your Internet browser, or download the issue with OverDrive’s Libby App (the Libby App is not currently compatible with Kindle or e-readers).
- Check out our OverDrive/Libby instructional brochure on using OverDrive with your mobile device.
- Visit the OverDrive Help page to learn more about accessing e-magazines and other digital materials from OverDrive on your computer or mobile device.
Provides access to a variety of online magazine content formatted as text articles, including The New Yorker, Newsweek, People, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated, Time, Wired, and more!
researchIT CT Newspapers provides access to a selection of historical Connecticut newspapers and recent issues of other popular newspapers.
Visit the library for a brief consultation to learn more.
Other Downloadable Media
Bloomfield Public Library offers a variety of downloadable media that you can access on your computer or mobile device (compatibility varies by service).