Bloomfield Public Library is extremely grateful to the Bloomfield community for its support of the new library buildings project. On Election Day 2021, Bloomfield citizens voted overwhelmingly in support of the two library project with 2,716 YES votes!
The new library buildings will incorporate feedback from the 2021 community survey, with a renovation and space increase to McMahon Wintonbury Library and a teardown, rebuild and space increase to Prosser Library. Improvements to the libraries include engineering and construction to mitigate flood damage in the future and making the libraries ADA compliant and energy efficient.
While we anticipate more good things to come with the library buildings project, here are some awesome things you can do at BPL right now:
- Get a library card for free.
- Reserve a study room space.
- Play computer games with your friends.
- Use BPL Online to stream a movie from home with Hoopla and Kanopy for free.
- Checkout your favorite book, blockbuster, or cookbook without worrying about fines.
- Borrow a museum pass for free or reduced admission to 19 local cultural institutions.
- Attend a program for free. We had more than 11,800 program participants in the last year!
- Sign your kid or grandkid up for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program.
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages or read the NYT online for free.
- Scan, fax, email, and print documents from a BPL computer.
- Borrow a hotspot and a laptop computer to access Wi-Fi from home for free.
- Browse the NEW books! Find a new favorite author today for free.
- Say hello to BPL staff and fellow townsfolk. We’re here for you!